In 2016, homeowners spent over $2 billion combined on hardwood floors. It’s no secret, then, that hardwood floors are back in style and here to stay!
If you’re looking to join those that recognize the beauty of hardwood floors, then it’s time to take action.
In this two-part guide from the team at Denver’s Choice Hardwood floors, we’ll first provide a few tips for hiring the right hardwood floor installers, and then break down the flooring process, so you know what to expect.
Tips for Hiring Hardwood Floor Installers
First and foremost, finding hardwood floor installers will take some time and effort, but it will be well worth doing your homework before signing a contract.
Here are a few tips that will help you choose the best hardwood floor installers:
- Get at least 3 estimates from 3 different companies to compare.
- Ask family and friends for recommendations for hardwood installers.
- Don’t always go with the cheapest company as they could cost more in the long run – this includes those big box stores that don’t specialize in flooring, but instead, offer a little of everything.
- Make sure your hardwood floor installers are insured and certified.
- Once you choose a company, be sure you get a contract in writing (and read it carefully) – no handshakes.
- Ask questions and bring up concerns during the installation rather than after. Your installer should be responsive and encourage open lines of communication.
- Forcing you to pay the full amount for the job before getting starting is NOT normal.
Remember that the more time you put into finding an outstanding installer, the better the outcome will be.
Let’s Talk About Your Project
If you’re ready to jump in and want to get an estimate, review our credentials and have us answer your questions about installing hardwood floors, please get in touch with Denver’s Choice Hardwood Floor Company.
Our hardwood floor installers look forward to adding beauty and value to your home!